Tuesday 25 March 2014

Likes and Dislikes

I'm not the most confident person in the world, and for the last few days I've been really struggling with some issues that I just can't seem to shake off. Said issues are mainly my teeth. I HATE THEM. I know that sounds a bit over the top, but they are the one part of me that I'm terrible self conscious of. Years of grinding my teeth and acid erosion has taken its toll unfortunately, and that in itself I could cope with. But its the colour and appearance I can't take. I know teeth are naturally a yellow colour (my own dentist told me so), but my teeth are really discoloured, and there's also gaps in them that I've recently become so paranoid about. Anyway after all that, I decided to make it into a blog post, not a blog post about how much I hate things about myself, but about the things I like about myself, so maybe it'll counteract my ever growing paranoia about my teeth!


1: My hair: My hair is probably my favourite feature altogether. I've super curly hair, that so many people compliment me on on a regular basis. It takes little to no effort to style my hair, a bit of mousse in it after its washed and its good to go. Another positive thing about having such curly hair is that its very dry, so it doesn't tend to get greasy too quickly, so I could easily go 3/4 days before it needs to be washed. Yay! (This doesn't mean I don't wash myself more frequently though, obviously.)

2: My small feet: I'm petite at only 5'0, and because of this my feet are only a size 3/4. This makes it super easy for me to find nice shoes and trainers etc.... But it also means I can purchase shoes in the kiddies section! Yay!! :)

3: My eyebrows: This may seem like a strange one, but with eyebrows now becoming a staple part in so many peoples make up routine I'm lucky because I have very strong eyebrows that don't require much work. They are a little sparse in sections, but its not hugely noticeable, so I get away without having to do anything major with them, bar filling in with pencil.

 4: My waist:  I have a tiny waist, that I know many other girls would only love to have. I don't find buying clothes difficult to buy generally, but sometimes I can find dresses hard to buy because while I'm small on top, my hips and legs are slightly bigger... But hey, you can't have it all!

5: My Skin: Compared to other people, I am so so privileged with my skin. Bar the odd breakout once a month, my skin is usually quite good. It used to very sensitive when I was in my teens, but as I've gotten older it seems to have sorted itself out, and I usually can get away with using whatever I like on my skin.


So that's it for today ladies, a bit of a different post, but I thought it would be nice to sit down and think about what I like about myself for a change, instead of focusing on what I don't like.
What about you ladies? What are your likes/dislikes about yourselves?



Thanks for reading guys,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment