Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Favourites!

So thankfully January has come to a close! I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds January to be so long and boring and basically just a fairly depressing month. But to cheer you all up I decided to come along and tell you all what I've been absolutely loving this past month, and maybe encourage you to try some of these during the months ahead...


Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter: I had used this constantly for a couple of years, and then I just got distracted by other products in my collection and forgot how good this was!s. The consistency is amazing its nice and light and melts into the skin almost instantly, and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated for the day. And the smell! Its the typical Soap and Glory smell, so if you generally like that smell then you'll be happy with this. On some days after using the Clean On Me shower gel teamed with this, I haven't needed any perfume at all, the scent just lingers for the day! The scent is made up of beautiful  fruity scents such as bergamot and mandarin, and some more grown up slightly musky scents such as oakmoss and amber. I'm glad I rediscovered this and I'm never going to let it out of my sight again! 


No 7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask for Dry/Very Dry Skin: This has been an absolute saviour for my skin this month, and to some that may sound like a very large claim to make. But after the Christmas and the excess food and drink, and the cold weather my skin was feeling excessively dry. I had got this before Christmas as part of a gift set I treated to, and can't believe how well it worked on my dry skin. It does say to leave on for 3 minutes or else 10, so I tend to pop it on when I'm heading in the shower and letting it really sink in! I have mentioned this before in previous posts so I won't go into too much detail, but if you do suffer from dry skin I think its worth giving this a shot! 


CK IN2U Perfume: I have been a fan of Calvin Klein perfume's for a few years now, and I think this one is quite possibly my favourite out of all the scents I've had. Its a very sweet and girly scent, but yet very grown up all at the same time. It contains notes from pink grapefruit fizz to bergamot to vanilla souffle so there's a bit of everything in there! This bottle is a 150 ml size which will last me for ages, but its my second time buying this perfume, and I don't think I'll ever be sick of it! 


Benefit 'Dandelion' Blush: I have a feeling I've mentioned this in a favourite's post before, and if I have I'm very sorry but I can't help how deeply I've fallen for this blush, really. It's the most beautiful shade of pink with a slight shimmer going through it, and it just adds a nice pop of colour to the cheeks without going over board. I've really been loving it for days when I'm going for the really natural looking make up look. 

Benefit 'Sun Beam': Everybody raves about Benefit liquid highlighter 'High Beam' but I have never heard Sun Beam get a lot of love. Well let me tell you, its getting it now, from me! OK so I only have a teeny tiny size bottle, but its going to last me for ages, because a little goes a long way with this bottle of gold liquid goodness! I dab a little bit on to the highest point of my cheeks and blend it in with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. It just gives the most beautiful effect to my cheeks, it almost makes me feel like a supermodel. If only I was really tall with legs that go on forever. I can dream I guess!

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: I have mentioned this in a Make Up Monday, so I'm not going to go into huge much detail again, but seriously this stuff is amazing! It makes my eyelashes look so long and fluttery and gorgeous! (May be a bit bigheaded, but seriously just try it and you'll understand). This mascara also contains 'Grow Lash Complex', which claims to help lashes grow and appear up to 117 percent longer in just 30 days! I'll keep ye posted.. ;)





So there you have it ladies and gents, 
this months top picks. I know there's not a lot of make up in there, but sometimes its nice to have a break from the norm isn't it? 
What have you all been loving?

Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx



7 comments:

  1. Ooh I love that mask from no7! I really want to try sun beam now I'm a big high beam fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have to try high beam now after trying sun beam! ;) Really impressed with the mask myself, I think I like using it more because its not one of those clay ones that go all hard on the face! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog on MakeupMonster.ie Beauty Blogger Club, love it! You are doing awesome, keep up the good work!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Rara Giggles thanks so much that means a lot! :) Don't know how I wasn't following your blog already, can't wait to get home from work and read about the Valentine's Day collections so I can drop some hints! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to smell that perfume! It sounds like something I would really like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, I adore your blog and love the layout as well, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you now Love Joice! :) xx

    ReplyDelete