Tuesday 26 November 2013

Winter Essentials: Lip Balm

Hey lovelies!
So the Winter weather has really set in over the last few weeks, and the temperatures have taken a serious dip!
Which is why when the seasons change, we must change our routine to suit, as skin tends to dry out a lot easier when the cold weather sets in, well at least it does for me anyway!
I've decided for the next couple of week's to do a weekly blog post on some of the essentials we should all have in our beauty regime to make sure we're all at our best for the festive season!
And first up its.... Lip Balms!
A lot of people tend to suffer the dreaded dry lip syndrome at this time of year, and for some it may not be a huge issue, but for others its very uncomfortable and irritating, as lips can often be so dry and chapped that they tend to bleed!
Today I thought I'd show you the Lip Balms that I have in my handbag at the moment, (yes all of them are in my handbag together, don't judge me), and also some other lip balms that have had rave reviews that may be worth checking out!


So first up we have Carmex which is in the mint scent. This is in my handbag, but I can't honestly say I like it. Not because it doesn't work, because I have put it on my lips at night going to bed and my lips are noticeably softer in the morning, but because it tingles! Its like one of those plumping lip glosses that are available from Soap And Glory and the likes, but this to me is a lot worse! If you are a person that doesn't mind the tingling sensation, which I usually don't, then this is a good lip balm that also contains an SPF which is always good! Its in a squeezy tube which also allows you to control how much product you use which is great! I can't remember the exact price of this, but it was definitely less than 3 euro in Penneys!

The 2nd one up is a recent purchase, (2 days ago to be precise,) and boy do I like this one! This is one of those products that bloggers raved and raved about, and eventually it sucked me in! Its the Nivea Lip Butter, in Vanilla and Macadamia, and I seriously am in love with this stuff! First of all it smells divine, but most importantly it makes my lips feel so so soft! I cant find the exact ingredients but Nivea to me have always been advocates of gentle ingredients in their products and this lip balm is definitely gentle! The only downside to this for me is that the product itself goes on white, so you really have to apply with a lighthand, otherwise your lips will look a bit strange! If you fancy picking this up its on offer in Boots at the moment, 2 for 4.50! (I got the raspberry one as my second incase your
wondering)

Next up is a product that has a huge celebrity following, (Kim K is a firm fan apparently), and its the EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Raspberry and Pomegranate. I just bought this for the novelty factor to be honest, its such a cool shape! Besides that though it is a really moisturising lip balm! It contains Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter which help to protect and condition your lips! It also contains Vitamin E, and is 100 percent natural and 95 percent organic! Its available for 6.95 on Cloud10Beauty, and if your not a fan of Raspberry and Pomegranate, there's a huge range of other scents available, Lemon and Strawberry are but a few!

Last but by no means least is my Molton Brown Lip Balm. This is the most heavy duty out of the lip balms I've mentioned so far, and its the one I turn to if my lips are in dire straights. Its a thicker formula then the others, and when applied to the lips its more of a matte finish, which is great if you have dry skin around your nose possibly and you use this as you won't be left with noticeable shine around the area. I am having extreme difficulty finding any information about this online as Google seems to have shut down on me, (thanks google,) but when I do find said info I shall add it in to this post! I did get this a few years ago as a present off my mother, and as its Molton Brown, which is a fairly posh brand, I'm sure this cost at least 10 euro anyway, but its possibly I'm wrong!

If none of these are tickling your fancy, or else you don't think they would be heavy duty enough for your thirsty lips then others that are getting great reviews are:

  • Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm: This product contains Acacia Honey and Shea Butter to nourish and repair dry lips, and also it contains no preservatives or artificial scent. It has a fairly thick texture, so this is one I'd imagine you'd use at night before bed, or else if you weren't venturing out of the house! Its available on Cloud10Beauty for 12.95!
  • La Roche Posay: There was one particular lip balm I was searching for from this particular brand, but I can't seem to find it, but all I can say is if your lips are in a really bad state then maybe try any of the ones from La Roche Posay, as they are very well known for the sensitive nature of their products.

That's it women! Hopefully  you'll have found something useful in this post, and if not, well I'll try harder next time! 

Thanks for reading guys, 
Alisha! 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment