Saturday 2 November 2013

October Favourites

Everyone loves a good favourites video don't they? So I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and show you the products I've been loving for the last month, just in written form instead of video! 
Soooo.... Who wants to see what I've been using constantly over the month of October?? 

So as you can see, there is a wide variety of things I've been enjoying, some not too interesting, but they've never been far from arm's reach for me, and it will quite possibly be the same for the rest of November too! 


First up is the perfume I've probably been reaching for the most this month. I don't know why but there's something about this scent that I just find very comforting at this time of the year. Its one of the Kate Moss perfumes, I think this was the first scent she release a few years back, and I was obsessed when it came out first, and then after a while began using other things, but for some reason I'm just as obsessed now as I was in the beginning! Its a floral scent, but at the same time its musky, so it definitely suits people that like both sweet and strong scents! Its not expensive either as a 30ml bottle is currently on the Boots website for 11.99! 

I'm a demon for eyeshadow and I have gathered quite a large amount over the years. Most recently I've been getting really into eye shadow palettes, and this one from Sleek is one I've been reaching for most days. A lot of beauty bloggers rave about Sleek as a brand, and I can see why! The pigmentation of the shadow's is amazing, and so far they are the must buttery soft, creamy shadows I've used! I've found that they work best for me with a primer, but that's not really an issue because I use one on a daily basis anyway. This particular palette is called the 'Storm' palette, and there's a great mix of colours in it to choose from! I particularly love to use this two shades in the top right corner as combined they are the perfect burgundy eye, especially when used with the 'Metallic Pomegranate' colour tattoo from Maybelline! These are a fantastic price at only 9.99 from Cloud10Beauty.


I am a Soap and Glory nutter. Its ridiculous! Every Christmas I'm one of the many women eyeing up the Boots website to find out what gift set is on offer that particular year, and what it contains and all the rest! This is the Smoothie Star Body Milk which I got in last years set, and OMG, I love the smell of this! When I started to use it first I wasn't sure what to make of the scent, as its a real foody smell, but now I'm obsessed! Its ingredient list is mouth watering, with ingredients including almond, cocoa butter, honey, oats and honey! Its 14.00 for a 500ml bottle, but it lasts forever! I've mine on the go since Easter time and I still have a good quarter of product left in the bottle! This is also available in a body 'buttercream' which makes it sound even better! I would assume its more of a body lotion formula, but either way its a winner. 


Everyone and their granny knows that lip crayons have been a huge trend in the beauty world this year. Clinique started the trend with the 'chubby sticks' and then Revlon introduced the 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' into the drugstores also. Well now you can look at any brand in the drugstore, and its quite likely they'll have some offering. This one from Rimmel is probably the best I've tried so far! The colour payoff is amazing for something that is described as a lip balm of sorts, and it feels so comfortable on the lips! It does stain the lips, but its very slight. There is a variety of colours in these from nudes to reds, and I have 6 out of the 7 of them so far, and I can't pick just one as a favourite! These come in around 7 or 8.95 so not badly priced! 

This one is a bit random but after using it constantly for a week I had to put it in! Its the Carmex mint lip balm, and WOW is it minty! This is a thick enough consistency, and my lips have been starting to feel a bit drier so I decided I'd use this at night time to see did it help! Its so weird, its like one of those plumping lip glossed that make your lips tingle! Except this lasts for more than a few seconds! It doesn't bother me in the slightest but I know a lot of people aren't comfortable with that sensation. This was really inexpensive at only 2 or 3 euro in Penneys! 


Lastly, I can not get enough of this Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge! From someone who never had a Beauty Blender, I can't really compare the two, but I can say that I love this sponge. It just gives such a natural looking finish to my foundation, and its so multipurpose I also use it to blend my under eye concealer and my normal concealer! And it was so cheap at 4.99 aswell! I will definitely be picking up more of these just to have! The Brush Buff is something I've had for a while, but due to laziness on my part it hasn't got much use. Its an antibacterial cleanser for make up brushes, and is so easy to use! I just spray a bit on my brushes and then just wipe the brush clean. It sometimes takes a while as I don't wash my brushes as much as I should, (slaps wrist), but this little bottle takes the effort out of brush cleaning. It was 14.99 on Cloud10Beauty but a little does go a long way so it'll last a long time. 

So that's what I've been loving in October! I could have gone on... and on... and on... But I really didn't want to send anyone to sleep! 
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment