Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo and Conditioner Review.

For some reason, haircare is something I've never gotten into. Perhaps its due to all the plaiting of my hair my mother did in my schooldays, (my hair was down as far as my backside almost), or perhaps its just because deep down my true love is make up, and always will be. But the point is, haircare has never been a top priority of mine. I previously used to straighten and blow dry my hair a fair bit, but in recent years I've decided to embrace the curliness, and just let it dry naturally and sometimes add a bit of mousse and I'm good to go. Because my hair is so try however, I tend to have problems with it being really really dry and brittle, especially at the ends. I decided to give somethings a go, including the infamous Argan Oil, but nothing worked.

 On a whim in Penneys one day I decided to pick up this set of shampoo and conditioner from the 'Hask' brand, but in the Keratin Protein formula, as opposed to the Argan Oil formula, and I have never been as glad that I did!

These are a smoothing shampoo and conditioner, which to me would be aimed at people with dry and damaged hair. Now I  wouldn't say my hair is damaged as such because I very very rarely but heat on it, but it is definitely more dry than I'd like it to me. These products claim to soften and renew such hair, and are free of sulfates and parabens, artificial colours, and alchohol, which which is another added bonus!

The products contain an ingredient called 'Hydrolysed Keratin' which apparently reduces frizz and protects the hair from humidity, which we all know can often reek havoc on our locks!
I have never been as impressed with anything as quickly as I have been with this, I've only used them 3 times each so far, but I really know that I'm onto a winner with these! My hair feels completely different after using these, and I can't actually believe its my hair! 
It's so soft in comparison to what it used to be, and the ends are also so smooth compared to before. 
I definitely would recomend these beauties to anybody who has had problems with their hair like I have had. I'm not as sure how they'd work if your hair was really damaged from heat and what not, but I'd say they're worth a try at least! 

These were 4.50 per bottle in Penneys, which is a little bit steep for something from Penney's but it is well well worth it in my opinion! They also do treatment oils, and deep conditioners, and if they are anything as good these products, I may just have to try!

Thanks for reading, 
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment