Wednesday 30 October 2013

Face Of The Day

I find it really interesting to look at these 'face of the day' posts on other blogs. Usually I get some great ideas about alternative ways to wear my make up, and a lot of the time I end up really wanting to try some new products. Seen as I had no work today I thought I'd take an opportunity to show you guys what I wear on my face on days off if I fancy wearing a little bit of make up.

For my base I used the Maybelline 'Dream Fresh' BB Cream in Light. I think I got this for dry skin and on first go of this on holidays I wasn't too impressed, especially after hearing so many bloggers raving over it! However I have given it a go a few times since then, and I have definitely changed my mind! It just tones down any redness and gives a light/medium coverage, without being too heavy on the skin. 
For concealer I used my two trusty sidekicks, again both Maybelline. (I just noticed that 4 out of the 6 products in this post are Maybelline... Hmmm... Anywho! For undereyes I continue to use 'The Eraser', and I just love the way this works, especially when I blend it in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge! It just gives the most flawless finish ever! 
For blemishes and redness I use the Fit Me concealer. Its light but at the same time it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin at all! 
For blush I used this little guy from MUA. I love MUA, they do amazing products, but at the same time they are so inexpensive! So much so I've just put in an order... Including two of these cream blushes! They are cream blushes, but they have a cream to powder finish, meaning they blend in flawlessly! I think this one is called Dolly, but I could be wrong with that.. They are only like 2.99ish, so a great price for a great product.
And lastly for my eyes. This is my go to eyeshadow if I want a bit of colour on my lids when  I can't decide what I want, or else when I'm too lazy for the whole blending and crease work etc. Its the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in one of the most well known colours 'On and On Bronze. As you can see it does get a fair bit of use, but its so easy to use! You can put on a light layer and sheer it out, or else you can build it up to a more intense colour! I use this a lot as a base for my eyeshadow aswell, and it works brilliantly!
I'm not a huge mascara person as I've mentioned before. A mascara is a mascara to me, they all do the same thing. So at the moment I'm just using this Rimmel Scandalise one and its grand for everyday use.
On my lips I used a bit of my Eos Lip Balm and that was it!
So what do you guys use if your having a lazy day like me?
Thanks for reading, 
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment