Thursday 12 September 2013

NYX HD EYESHADOW PRIMER

I didn't know there was such a thing as an eyeshadow primer until I started watching youtube videos and reading blogs, and in nearly all of them the exact same primer was mentioned: The Urban Decay Primer Potion. I looked it up on a few different sites, and was shocked to see the price, nearly 20 euro! Now some people would pay that, and that's fair enough, but I prefer to spend less on make up, and get more products if you get my drift. So then I decided I'd a bit of research and see could I find something that would do a good job of holding my eye shadow in place for a working day, without the huge price tag! I'm a huge fan of Cloud 10 Beauty and BeautyEmporium.ie,which are both Irish beauty websites which stock products from brands such as Sleek and NYX, which are otherwise impossible to get in Ireland. So I decided to have a sneaky peak on BeautyEmporium.ie to see what I could find. Now unfortunately it was a while back when I purchased this, and they're no longer available on the site. :( But there is any number of budget beauty brands that have recently released eyeshadow primers if you fancy trying one, and the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's also work really well as bases, so that's another option! The base  I'm going to talk about today however is the NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer. I think this cost between 7 and 10 euro when I bought it, so half the price of the Urban Decay one! :)
Its a nude coloured base, with a slightly oily texture, and at first I wasn't sure of this, but after seeing how well it performs I've gotten used to it! When I'm doing my make up, I apply two coats of this to the eyes and blend it out, and then let it try for a few minutes while I'm priming my face. Then I go back and apply my eyeshadow. I still cant get over how good it is! I use it mostly with my MUA eyeshadow palettes, and I usually do my make up between half 8 and half 10, depending on what time I'm working at that day. Most nights its at least 11 or half 11 when I'm taking it off again, (I know, very bold), but I'm not joking, my eyeshadow is the EXACT same as it was when I applied it first! I now use this as part of my everyday make up routine, and I wouldn't be without it. I have tried another one from NYX, one from Catrice, and one from Essence, but none of them have lived up to this! Now I just have to try and figure out where I can buy it from when I run out. :(

Thanks for reading,

Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment