Saturday 14 September 2013

Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipsticks

Everyone and there cousins dog knows that MAC lipsticks are THE lipsticks in the beauty world. Except me. Because, (hides face behind hands in shame,) I don't actually own one. Yup, I said it! I don't own a MAC lipstick! I own very little MAC make up as a matter of fact, but as I've said before, I have serious issues with parting with nearly 20 euro for a lipstick when I could find something as good in the drugstore for much less money. Or maybe I just have a problem with parting with money full stop, who knows! But I am known for disappearing in Penney's and if I do, you will find me in the same place each and every time, the make up section! Sometimes I buy something, sometimes I don't, but still i can't help myself looking anyway! I have a tendency to lean more towards lip glosses, or crayons or stains, as for some reason I have this belief that lipsticks are too heavy on my lips and so go for something a bit lighter. So on one occasion when I was in Penney's, I decided to pick up a lipstick from the Catrice stand to give it a go, and I am glad I did! So much so I went back for more!

I really need to figure out how to work this camera properly and the flash and what not, but as you can see, the lipsticks come in a black packaging with a slight sheen, with the Catrice name on the front. I don't know are they trying to emulate the MAC bullets, but either way, they're still pretty enough to leave on your bedside locker if you are someone that likes to display your make up!
The 3 I own are: 250 Matte about Pink, 240 Hey Nude, and number 210 Pinkadilly Circus. First off, how cool are the names! I especially love Hey Nude, because any time I go to wear it I automatically start to sing 'na,na,na,nananana, Hey Nude!' (I know, I'm getting weirder and weirder as this post goes on). The 3 of these are all from the Ultimate Shine collection. I know there are a couple of other collections including a new Gel lipstick collection, but I haven't tried any of those yet!


First up is Matte about Pink, I know this one and Pinkadilly Circus look very similar in the bullet colour wise, but there actually not. Matte about Pink is as the name suggests Matte, but its not very Pink either, its more of a coral colour. I'm not a big fan of matte lipsticks, but I love the colour of this one, and also picked up a lip liner to match, but I don't think I'll be wearing a whole lot of this one for autumn/winter, but either way its a nice lipstick and its not too drying on the lips like some matte offerings are!
Next up is Hey Nude! I've never been one for nude lipsticks either, mainly because I don't want to look like a mannequin from a shop window, because that's not a good look for anyone! But decided to give this one a shot. Its a very subtle lipstick, and it just offers a very sheer wash of colour to the lips, which is perfect  for me as it just makes my lips look a lot healthier than normal.


And last up is my favourite out of the lot, Pinkadilly Circus. I have to apologise for this looking so beat up, but I havent even used it that much! I actually bought it after swatching a tester at the stand, and grabbed a new one, and assumed it wouldn't have been opened. Well, as you can see, I was  wrong! I don't understand why people don't just use the testers, that's what they're there for after all! But anyway! This one looks brighter in the bullet than it is in real life. It is more of a berry coloured pink, so its perfect for the transition into the colder months if you fancy sprucing up your make up bag!
All of these lipsticks are super creamy and comfy on the lips, but I would suggest using a lip balm with Matte about Pink, as with most other matte lipsticks it is slightly drying. But the formula of these is amazing, and the price is amazing, 5.49 each! Like you could have 4 of these for the price of one MAC one! I know MAC have a huge selection of colours, and obviously seen as this is a drugstore brand there wont be as much choice, but there is 16 colours to choose from, which is massive for a drugstore brand!

Not the greatest swatches in the world, but just to give you an idea of what there like! From left to right, Matte about Pink, Hey Nude, and Pinkadilly Circus, (why this colour wont show up properly is beyond me). So there you go folks, just a little review on my new favourite lipsticks! 
I have a  feeling I'll have to go back for more, just for research purposes of course! ;)
Catrice can be found in some pharmacies across the country, and some Penney's stores. 

Happy weekend people, and thanks for reading! 
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment